New Drone Regulations

If you are running a Drone or UAV business you will need to understand all the New Drone Regulations or you might find yourself in some really deep water.

Australian Drone Regulations

Lets Start with


You will find CASA Drone Regulations: Click Here

Flying drones/remotely piloted aircraft in Australia

Australia's safety laws for drones, or more technically correct, remotely piloted aircraft (RPA), as defined in the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations Part 101, vary whether you are flying commercially or recreationally/for fun.When flying for money, or any form of economic gain, you need to have an RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC), or if you're flying an RPA weighing less than two kilograms, simply notify CASA.

When flying for fun and not commercially, or for any form of economic gain, then the regulations are less restrictive and allow you to fly an RPA without needing to be certified, providing you follow some simple safety rules.Check out our information sheet on the basic rules for flying RPAs.

Holders of UAV operator’s certificate (UOC) can continue to operate as per their certificate and will only be issued a ReOC if the certificate is varied or renewed.

Part 101 Amendments - Cutting red tape for remotely piloted aircraft CASA announce amendments to Part 101 came into effect on 29 September 2016, reducing the cost and legal requirements for lower-risk remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) operations.

Learn more about the amendments to Part 101.